Agricultural Netting Products
NETS ARE THE ONLY METHOD OF 100% CROP PROTECTION.
Using netting to protect your crops from bird predation, insects, or hail damage is the most effective and environmentally responsible method for reducing crop damage or loss.
Using crop protection netting will result in a huge return on your investment through increased crop yield and allowing fruit and berries to reach their optimum ripeness and sugar contents.
In many cases, your amortization costs are recovered in the first year of use. Using proper handling or installation practices you can expect about ten years of life on your netting.
Advantages of using polyethylene materials:
- It has the longest life over any of the other materials used for netting.
- It will not rot.
- Very low shrinkage, no expansion, and not affected by humidity.
- Much lighter weight than nylon or polyester.
- Floats on water.
- In polyethylene, the UV protection is injected before extrusion of the filaments and is chemically bonded.
- In comparison: nylon or polyester is UV coated after manufacturing, and this is the first thing to wear off, exposing the netting to UV rays. Nylon will break down quickly; and will expand and contract with the changes in humidity.
This post is also available in: Spanish